Call for ASSCR governing Committee nominations
Dear ASSCR Members,
As you are aware the ASSCR is governed by a 9-member Committee elected by you.
Our Committee consists of the President, Vice-President, Secretary and Treasurer in addition to 5 Ordinary Committee member positions.
These Ordinary Committee members act as Chairs for the 5 ASSCR subcommittees that are constituted by unelected volunteer ASSCR members (of which we have many!).
In accordance with our Rules elections will be held for the following positions this year, with the successful nominees to hold their positions for up to 2 years:
- Sponsorship/Fundraising/Industry subcommittee Chair
- Membership and Communications subcommittee Chair
Participation as an elected ASSCR Committee member offers a stimulating opportunity to influence the ongoing evolution of the regenerative medicine field in Australia.
Through any of the positions up for election this year you’ll have the opportunity to network with national and international peers.
You’ll also be able to help continue growing the ASSCR in size and influence through our ongoing projects including our annual conference, policy development initiatives, and stem cell art public engagement exhibitions.
The timetable for the election process is as follows:
- Friday 6 Oct: Nominations open
- Friday 27 Oct: Nominations close
If more than one valid nomination is received for any position then the timetable for voting will be as follows:
- Friday 3 Nov: Electronic voting to start
- Friday 24 Nov: Electronic voting to end
- Wednesday 6 Dec: Vote counting completed
- Monday 11 Dec: Results announced at AGM
- Monday 11 Dec Just prior to close of AGM: Newly elected Committee takes over
Download the Position Description and Nomination Form here.
You may also wish to download our Rules of Association.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and to working with you over the coming years.